- 4, 6 oz (175 g) salmon fillets
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) olive oil, divided
- 4 onions, sliced into 1/4″ (5 mm) slices
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
- 1, 8 oz (250 g) bottle of clam juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried chile flakes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced roasted red bell peppers
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 1 package orecchiette
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Asiago cheese
- Salt and pepper
Preheat broiler. Heat 3 tbsp
(45 mL) olive oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet set over high heat. Add onions, lower heat to medium-high, and sauté until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve. In a pot, set over medium-high heat, combine whipping cream, clam juice and chile flakes. Boil cream, clam juice and chilies in a large saucepan until reduced to 1 cup (250 mL), about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add green onions; season sauce with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add florets and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove florets from water and reserve. Return water to boil; add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining. Return pasta to same pot, set over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, caramelized onions, broccoli, cheese, and enough reserved pasta water so the pasta mixture isn’t dry, stirring frequently; season with salt and pepper.
Preheat broiler. Line rack of broiler pan with foil and lightly oil foil and top of salmon with remaining olive oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Broil in oven until cooked, about 7 to 9 minutes.
Bring Green Onion & Chile Cream Sauce to a simmer. Divide pasta mixture among 4 plates. Top with salmon and drizzle with sauce
Credit: Brandon Boone