- 1 tbsp (15 mL) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh chanterelles, cleaned and cut into 1/3″ (8 mm) thick slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- 2 8 oz (250 g) black cod fillets with skin
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Melt butter with 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until lightly browned. Stir in garlic and add wine; simmer until almost dry, scraping up browned bits in skillet, about 1 minute. Add cream and allow it to reduce until thick. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
In a separate nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil. When hot, place seasoned
fish skin side down and cook until brown and crispy. Then carefully flip over and place in oven until cooked, approximately 5 minutes. Divide the fish among 2 plates and top with mushrooms and sauce. Serve immediately.
Credit: Chef Patrick Shrupka